Sea of Cortez with Rocio Del Mar TBD 2023
Sea of Cortez with Rocio Del Mar
Take a scuba trip on the Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard – Diving the Sea of Cortez Midriff Islands
ABOUT THE TRIP
With clear, deep waters, abundant sea life, golden sandy beaches and inspiring vistas, the Sea of Cortez – known as the Gulf of California – is a breathtaking destination for scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, boating, and exploring diverse marine creatures. Legendary diver Jacques Cousteau described the Sea of Cortez as the “world’s aquarium”. Dive on untouched walls and reefs abounding in marine life. Encounter large and small whale species, whale sharks, jumping mobula rays, and sea lion colonies. Hike and explore remote uninhabited islets. Dine under the stars in a calm anchorage, socialize with your shipmates and make new friends. Then melt into a luxurious bunk in your own finely appointed cabin with private bathrooms and hot showers. All in a day aboard Rocio, combined with personalized service to enhance your live aboard safety and fun. Dive into your dreams and see what Sea of Cortez diving is all about.
Although the conditions in the Sea of Cortez are mostly calm, there are times that the sea is rough. Please be prepared for this type of situation. There are several over the counter remedies that can help you in case we are faced with rough seas during your trip.
- Day 1 – Embark at 5:00 p.m. in Puerto Peñasco. Depart the dock at 6:00 p.m.
- Day 2 – Wake up at Refugio Bay on Angel Island – Potential Dive sites: Angel Rock, La Vela, & Lolo’s Cove. Sunset zodiak cruise with sea lions.
- Day 3 – Angel Island – Potential Dive sites: Andrea’s Eagle, El Aquario, Las Vivoras, and Las Vivoras including a night dive.
- Day 4 – San Pedro Martir – Potential Dive sites: El Arroyo, Punta Martir (Sea Lions), Chayo’s Cove
- Day 5 – San Pedro Martir – Potential Dive sites: Ravijunco, Xareni’s Pinnacle, Coromel, Morrito. In the after we go looking for whales!
- Day 6 – Salsipuedes & Animas – Potential Dive sites: Los Cuervos, El Caballo, El Lavadero, and El Lavadero including a night dive.
- Day 7 – Baja and Snorkeling with Whale Sharks in Bahia De Los Angeles – Potential Dive sites: El Pescador, Baja Ca. Start to head back to Puerto Peñasco in the afternoon.
- Day 8 – Disembark at 7:00 am.
AVERAGE SURFACE WATER TEMPERATURES
January – 63º
February – 64º
March – 67º
April – 72º
May – 77º
June – 75º
July – 75º
August – 80º
September – 87º
October – 87º
November – 71º
December – 65º